Jungle curry is a popular Thai curry. Jungle curry is spicy, with no coconut milk. You can make pork or chicken jungle curry with this easy recipe.
It tastes different because it’s now not as “creamy” and sweet because there is no coconut milk introduced within the curry, and subsequently the spices flavor extra mentioned, that is a terrific issue is my culinary dictionary.
As coconuts are not observed within the location, it carries no coconut milk. It changed into initially prepared with wild boars observed inside the jungle. I made this jungle curry with beef. If you may’t consume beef, experience loose to alternative with bird. The curry is going extremely nicely with rice. I virtually enjoyed it.
- 1 pack red curry paste (see picture below) (1.76 ounce/50g)
- 2-3 slices galanga 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon rhizome optional
- 1 pound pork sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup canned bamboo shoot
- 1/2 cup canned baby corn
- 1/2 cup canned straw mushroom
- 8-10 string beans cut in to 2″ length
- 6 kaffir leaves
- 15 basil leaves
- Heat up a wok and add in the water, red curry paste, galanga and rhizome (optional). Stir to combine until boiling.
- Add the pork and let it cook for 1 minute. Add the fish sauce and sugar. Stir to mix. Gently transfer the bamboo shoot, baby corn, straw mushroom, string beans and kaffir leaves into the wok. Stir to mix.
- Cover the wok and bring to boil. Turn the heat to medium and let it cook for 5-6 minutes. Add in the basil leaves. Give it a quick stir and cook for 2 minutes. Serve with rice.
Source link :https://rasamalaysia.com/jungle-curry/