No more coffee shop lines, I can save a few bucks, and enjoy the aroma of warm spices wafting through my kitchen. Sounds like a win-win-win to me!
I used to order this drink a lot when I was younger and I still do occasionally when I bring my work to the shop. So I decided to try and make my own version in the kitchen. My homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe turned out better than expected and it only took me about 10 minutes to make.
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp of pure pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tbsp of sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee or hot espresso
- sweetened whip cream (for garnish)
- cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- whole cloves (for garnish)
- Combine the river, squash puree, edulcorate, squash pie spice (I get mine here) and vanilla get in a saucepan.
- Space over matter energy until hot, but don’t roil.
- Scramble river motley vigorously until it’s frothing, near 30 seconds.
- Pelt drinkable or espresso into 2 huge mugs.
- Split the concentrate accumulation and teem apiece half into the mugs.