There is something very special about the simple deliciousness of good shortbread cookies, especially this fantastic version, combined with dried cherries & white chocolate.
It’s shortbread made even more delicious, stuffed with chopped dried cherries and drizzled in white chocolate.
Try them with other dried fruits too, like raisins or apricots. Feel free to add a few nuts or switch the white chocolate to milk or dark chocolate. Mix up the additions to the shortbread to make your own individual favourite. When Santa sees these, you might just get a little something extra in your stocking for serving him these beauties.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups salted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour.
- Fold in the cherries.
- Roll in balls and flatten or roll out and cut into shapes as desired. I like to bake the dough in large rectangles and then cut the cookies in fingers just when they come out of the oven and are still warm. (Roll it to about 3/4 of an inch and bake for up to 25 minutes if using this method.)
- Bake at 350 degrees 12-15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Drizzle the tops of the cookies with the white chocolate that has been melted in a double boiler over low heat.
Please follow and like us: