Leftover chicken (or turkey) spaghetti with bacon may be the perfect early week meal, which uses leftovers from Sunday dinner.
Sometimes meals equal this residual poulet spaghetti with monk hap the superior ordered dinner plans don’t win out. My plans for our kin popular no niggle Poulet Cheese went out the pane on one day in special.
Olivia’s education movability rehearsals went stretch, Noah got invited to a friend’s for party and Spouse was ripe upcoming domestic from product.
The next day, schedules shifted again, this time in the other direction. We suddenly had to have dinner earlier than usual. This is where that leftover chicken came into great use.
I did not requisite to resource the caller chicken hearted breasts in the icebox for other day. To fix the breasts I virtuous just experienced and cooked them, figuring we could use them for sandwiches or something over the close couple of days.
- 3 cups cooked chicken diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes optional
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large bell pepper diced small
- 4 servings cooked spaghetti pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound crisp cooked smoked bacon chopped in small pieces
- 4 cups pureed canned tomatoes San Marzano if possible
- Begin by making the sauce. In a medium saucepan heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium low flame and sauté the minced garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, smoked paprika, oregano, chili flakes, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, crisp cooked bacon, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked diced chicken and bell peppers in the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Stir in the Parmesan cheese at the end.
- Serve over the cooked spaghetti with a generous sprinkle of additional Parmesan cheese.
Please follow and like us: