Oh, avocado toast: the official breakfast of millennials everywhere. Say what you want about the millennial generation, but if there’s one thing we did right, it was bringing avocado toast to the world. An easy, filling, and super healthy breakfast, this white bean avocado toast is a delicious twist on the signature millennial fare.
Superfood avocado already makes avocado toast a healthy way to start (or even end) the day. Packed with omega-3’s, vitamin C, fiber, and plenty more vitamins and minerals, there’s a reason people go crazy for this creamy green fruit.
This white bean avocado toast kicks thing up a notch, adding a layer of mashed white beans underneath the creamy avocado spread. This packs in extra protein that will keep you feeling full and focused.
- 2 teaspoons tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 slices whole grain bread (or your favorite bread) toasted
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- In a small bowl, combine the beans, tahini, half the lemon juice, and half the salt. Mash well.
- In a second bowl combine the avocado, remaining lemon juice and remaining salt. Lightly mash.
- Spread the mashed beans on to the toast. Spoon the avocado on top of the beans and top with tomatoes. Serve and enjoy