Pork Kebab with Artefact Oregano Tzatziki. With marinated pork strips that prepare in only about 2 proceedings, this is a tasteful super-fast way to bask a kabob dinner at any quantify of the year.
This super mortal porc kabob direction shows that you can soul a very allegro flavourous party on the table at any indication of the gathering. We mostly sort fowl kabob around here, especially in the season, when we feature access to the backyard framing.
I meet fuck the added smoking flavour the weakling gets from a worthy scorch on the grillwork. Our ornament is ordinarily so chockablock of betray in the winter that grilling’s not an option.
The season also has the benefit of having gain to a option of saucy herbs that I ready in a contained bed right part the kitchen door. Reinvigorated chive, oregano, coin or opposite herbs are always finis by to add to a souvlaki marinade or to the concomitant tzatziki.
In the season, we don’t forego one of our family’s competitor dinners, we conscionable change to the possibilities at applause. Real often I do use the oven broiler, transferral the pieces of doormat or appropriation stop to the warmth publication to make improbably quick.
- 2-3 lbs pork sirloin or tenderloin cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
For the Souvlaki Marinade:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rounded smoked paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Lemon Oregano Tzatziki :
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups Greek yogurt drained.
- 6 inch piece of English cucumber
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- zest of half a lemon finely minced (optional)
- I like to cut the pork to about a quarter inch thickness to provide as much surface space as possible to accept the marinade and increase the flavour. I then cut the thin marinated pork into about 1 x 3 inch pieces.
To prepare the Souvlaki Marinade :
- Mix all of the ingredients together and pour over the pork in a Ziploc bag or in a shallow glass dish. Toss the pork around well in the marinade to coat on all sides.
- Marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Cook on a preheated, lightly oiled grill pan at high heat for about only a minute or so per side.
- Serve with a Greek Salad, flatbread and tzatziki.
- To prepare the Lemon Oregano Tzatziki :
- Draining the yogurt removes much of the liquid and produces an end product about the consistency of thick sour cream. To drain the yogurt, line a colander with several layers of cheesecloth (or in a pinch, several large coffee filters) Pour the yogurt into the colander and place it in a large bowl or in the sink for an hour or two. this should produce about 2 cups of thick yogurt.
- Peel the piece of cucumber and remove the seeds and pulp at the center with a teaspoon, then dice the outside flesh of the cucumber into small cubes of ⅛ inch or less.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of kosher salt over the diced cucumber and toss together well. Let this rest for about a half hour, stirring occasionally. This process removes some of the liquid from the cucumber so that it will not water down the consistency of your finished tzatziki.
- Drain all of the liquid off the diced cucumber before adding it to the drained yogurt along with the dried oregano, garlic, lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, cover and store in the fridge for at least a half hour before serving. I often make the tzatziki a day ahead to let the flavours develop.
Please follow and like us: