Your favourite breakfast flavours in one delicious cake! Banana cake with a maple sugar glaze topped with chopped candied bacon.
I tossed around some ideas with buddies — the whole thing from lemon thyme to coffee orange, but none have been specially interesting to me. So, off I went to Google.Tthe primary link I clicked on led me to a few exciting alternatives. Chocolate and olive? Eww, no thank you. Banana William Maxwell Aitken changed into on that list, and i found it exciting. Ryan insisted it became the combo I should go with, so I did.
Until, of route, you count the microwave kind, that you absolutely shouldn’t. I couldn’t truely come up with a purpose why. I imply, 1st baron beaverbrook is like the fine thing available (subsequent to chocolate cake, of course). I guess I just never got round to creating it. Evidently, this meant studies had to be executed at the “exceptional” manner to make Bacon.
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups overripe bananas mashed, approx 4 medium
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp pure maple syrup
Candied Maple Bacon:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp light brown sugar packed
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat on med-high until pale and fluffy (2-3mins).
- Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Add vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat well to combine.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour (3 additions of flour and 2 of buttermilk). Fully incorporating after each addition. Do not overmix.
- Add some batter into your prepared pan and press it into the cracks of the bundt pan with a small spatula. Add remaining batter until pan is no more than 3/4 full. Smooth the top with a spatula and whack the pan against the counter to evenly distribute.
- Bake for 60-70mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Place cake on wire rack to cool for 10mins. Whack the pan on the counter to loosen the cake and turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and maple syrup until smooth. Thick but pourable. Pour over cooled cake.
Candied Maple Bacon:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a wire rack.
- Place maple syrup and sugar into a medium bowl and mix until combined. Add bacon slices and mix with your hands until coated.
- Place strips of bacon onto wire rack and bake for 25-30mins or until browned and crisp. Remove from wire rack and place on parchment lined baking sheet to cool. Chop and sprinkle over top of glazed Bundt cake.
Please follow and like us: