These homemade coconut chocolate bars (vegan Bounty bars) are the perfect dessert if you love coconut and chocolate. Only 7 ingredients and no oven required.
I’m in all likelihood the most important coconut fan ever. Severely, i am keen on coconut and i additionally adore chocolate. So the mix of each is heaven! As a child my maximum favorite dessert was Bounty. These delicious coconut chocolate bars had been constantly on our shopping list. At the same time as a youngster I still cherished Bounty bars. as soon as I went vegan i was quite determined due to the fact I needed to surrender dairy (and consequently my cherished Bounty bars). However, there is probably not anything that we cannot veganize in recent times.
I love that those vegan Bounty Bars have a tender middle. The center is soft due to the fact I didn’t upload coconut oil or cacao butter. In case you choose a hard center then you definately ought to upload 2 tbsp of cacao butter. You could also add coconut oil to be able to make the center tougher (but now not as tough as coconut butter). If you are much like me and love a soft center, then genuinely miss the oil! another gain of the gentle center is, that you may revel in them directly out of the freezer. You don’t need to thaw them and have a groovy dessert that’s best for the summer time!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt (100 g) (see recipe notes)
- 1/3 cup powdered Erythritol or Xylitol (60 g) (see recipe notes)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (100 g)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (or chocolate of choice) (90 g)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Process the shredded unsweetened coconut, the Erythritol (or Xylitol or powdered sugar), and salt in a food processor. Blend for some seconds, then add the coconut yogurt and vanilla extract. Blend again.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula or spoon and blend again until all the ingredients are well combined. If the mixture is too wet, add more shredded unsweetened coconut. If it’s too dry, add more coconut yogurt.
- Take out about 1 heaped tbsp of the mixture and form it into a rounded bar (similar to the shape of bounty bars) with your hands. Do this until no coconut dough is left.
- Place all coconut bars onto a plate and freeze for at least 45 minutes or until firm (longer is better).
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in a double boiler (or in the microwave).
- Dip each coconut bar into the chocolate sauce and freeze again for about 15 minutes.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or in the freezer! Enjoy!