Crispy Fried Jalapenos are the correct birthday celebration appetizer! Deep Fried in a beer batter and dipped in any variety of savory sauces, those little bite-sized treats are certain to be a crowd pleaser!
Whilst you think about fried food, you might not think about fried jalapeños. I’m hoping to trade that for you. Crispy Fried Jalapenos are a first-rate appetizer. Crispy beer batter at the outdoor, and a blast of warmth at the inner. Even individuals who declare they don’t like jalapenos love this recipe! Even my choosy child couldn’t stop eating them.
The nice beer batter have to offer carbonation that crisps the fried dough and creates a really perfect coating on your jalapeno, and i suppose this one suits the bill!
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beer, of your choice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 quart vegetable oil
- 2 cups jalapeno peppers, sliced (5-6 large jalapeños)
- Kosher salt, optional (for seasoning after frying)
- Chop jalapenos into spears. Cut off the stems and then cut the jalapeno in half lengthwise. Remove seeds (if you prefer) and then slice the jalapeno into spears or skinny sticks. Repeat until all jalapenos are sliced.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, eggs, and beer together in a bowl. (Batter should be slightly thinner than pancake batter). You may prefer to add more flour to add thickness.
- In a deep fryer or large skillet, heat oil to 365° F. (Try to maintain that temperature all throughout frying. )
- Dip the jalapenos in the batter and completely cover all sides.
- Place battered jalapenos in the deep fryer or skillet. The jalapenos are fully cooked when they are golden brown and crispy and float to the surface of the oil. (Remember the jalapeno spears will continue to brown a bit after removing from the oil.)
- Remove jalapeno spears and set on a paper towel so that any excess oil can drip off. If you want to add extra salt, do this immediately out of the oil.