Brownies will remain my favorite dessert. Period. I just love them, especially when they are fudgy, super chocolatey, and rich. Like these healthy flourless brownies with the most epic sweet potato frosting. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, protein-rich, and easy to make. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare the batter, so there is no excuse to not make this delicious dessert.
The flourless tarts, which i’m sharing with you these days, comprise chickpeas as the main component. Chickpeas (every so often referred to as garbanzo beans) are extraordinary, they are excessive in protein and contain lots of fiber, minerals, and nutrients. i love the usage of chickpeas in desserts, for instance in those No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars.
No longer handiest are those flourless brownies gluten-unfastened, but they are also grain-unfastened. Floor almonds, flax seeds, chickpeas, and cocoa powder are a number of the ingredients which you want to make those scrumptious wholesome muffins. I additionally made them as soon as with coconut flour. Both versions are proper!
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (90 g) (see recipe notes)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder (60 g)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds or ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar or brown sugar (150 g)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (120 ml)
- 1/3 cup nut butter or seed butter of choice (80 g) (see recipe notes)
- 1/2 banana or 1/4 cup applesauce (60 g)
- Two 15 oz cans chickpeas drained and rinsed (about 500 g)
- Sweet potato frosting (optional)
- Blend the chickpeas with all wet ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Add all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to the food processor and blend again until the mixture is combined.
- Line a pan with parchment paper or grease it with vegan butter or coconut oil and spoon the batter into it. My baking dish measures 9″x6″ (23 x 15 cm).
- Bake in the oven at 355 degrees F (180 degrees C) for about 40 minutes (it can take longer or shorter, depending on your oven and the size of your baking dish) or until a toothpick comes out almost clean (can still be sticky but not wet). Test after 35 minutes with a toothpick. Don’t overcook the brownies! Let them cool completely. They’ll still be soft at first but firm up once cooled down. They taste best on the 2nd or 3rd day!
- Check out this recipe to make the sweet potato frosting! Top with chocolate chips an enjoy!