This recipe turned into born out of our cheesy bird and black bean enchilada recipe. considering the fact that I’m now not a bean lover, I dabbled with the recipe. It developed right into a delicious mixture of Mexican flavored chook and veggies wrapped up in tacky tortilla this is baked to make a flavorful dinner that our complete family loves.
prepare dinner up a few chicken. you could do that any manner you are relaxed with. Bake it, boil it or sauté it. on occasion I even use leftover roasted bird. anything makes you glad.
while making the recipe this precise time, I diced up some chicken breast and sautéed it in a few olive oil and a little garlic salt.
meanwhile, get some of your veggies sautéing as properly. heat up a few olive oil. upload your diced up onions and minced garlic and permit it cook a bit. Then upload in your bell peppers and corn. Sauté those until they begin to get a tad soft.
another confession—I went a little overboard with the corn on this recipe. instead of the use of a can of corn, I cut a few off a bunch of leftover grilled corn at the cob. i finished up with greater than a notion!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning Make your own)
- 1 small-medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small-medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of corn (or 5–6 ears of roasted corn)
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 2–3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and diced
- 8 medium Tortillas
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar cheese or monterey jack are good choices)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a 9×9 casserole dish and a 9×12 dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes. Add in bell peppers and continue to cook until they start to soften (about 5 -7 minutes).
- Once onions and peppers are softened, add the cooked chicken, corn and salsa.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over all of it and toss until seasoning has covered the mix.
- Remove from heat.
- Lay out a tortilla and sprinkle some shredded cheese on it.
- Add a generous half cup of chicken filling. Wrap the filling up and place into baking dish.
- Repeat until you run out of filling.
- Spread a generous amount of cheese on top of the fajitas.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Please follow and like us: