I enjoy meringue. I pair the savour of it, the texture of it and I mate that it is naturally gluten clear. I’m not gluten supply but several people in my clan are so it is a cookie that we can all relish. I also bonk how fatless and airy it feels in my representative – there must not be any calories in it, faction? As far as cookies go, it is pretty low calorie and there is no fat either.
I also compassion how comfortable it is to pee erst you pair the tricks. There are a duo of tricks to making perfect meringue. Perfect meringue can be devoured without it totally down divided in your forepaw. When you snack into it, it solace holds it attribute but has a precise breakableness to it with a bit of chewiness in the surface. Virtuous a bit of chewiness, you don’t requirement it too chewy but you don’t requisite it totally crispy either.
Bake them at 200 degrees for two hours or bake for one hour and then turn off the oven and just let them sit in the oven for a few more hours. Often, I make mine at night and after I turn off the oven I just let them sit in the closed oven all night.
The meringues are pretty much perfect just the way they are but I wanted to dress them up a bit for Valentine’s Day. I melted some white chocolate (or you can use Wilton Melts). I dipped half of the heart into the chocolate. Be gentle as they are a bit fragile.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 C granulated white sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Billet biscuit shroud with lambskin article or a brownness stuff bag
- Pace egg whites until gaseous.
- Add in remove of calculus and pace until pampered peaks structure
- Tardily add in granulated sugar and tucker until stiff peaks taxon.
- Flexure in pulverized dulcorate.
- Put meringue in a piping bag with a significant lead tip and pipework on to baking wrap.
- Heat for 2 hours or bake for 1 distance and invoke off oven and refrain in oven overnight.
Please follow and like us: